Wednesday, December 01, 2010

One Word

December 1 One Word.



Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?


(Author: Gwen Bell)

Driven.

2010 was full of driven for Jane in her infinite wisdom.

Driven to socialize much much MUCH more frequently.
Driven to exercise.
Driven to open myself up to brand new experiences.
Driven to obtain my passport and actually use it (although not overseas...yet).
Driven to let love in.
Driven to let go.
Driven to create and to allow others to share in my creations...cakes and words.
Driven to drink.
Driven to be driven.

The question I ask myself now is...who was driving (besides Matt)?

2011?

Adventure.

It's my 39th year - how convenient of me to have a January birthday (presents graciously accepted) - and I want the last year of my 30's to be the year I never forget. A year of seeking out opportunities to go places I've never been, to fly overseas (hello, New Zealand), to take mini-adventures even in my own backyard. To treat little experiences as an adventure. To be open to adventure. To be adventurous in food, friends, love, and places. Every day.

No comments: