Saturday, November 07, 2009

You Can Fool Some People Some of the Time

My friend, Owen, is awesome.


This is a self-portrait of Owen...I stole it from his Facebook

And seriously? I'm not alone in thinking so. Everyone loves Owen. It's like he's got some kind of Ferris Bueller thing going on. You know..."The sportos and motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads... they all adore him. They think he's a rightous dude."

That's Owen. Righteous dude.

And Owen, like Ferris, is always up for doing stuff. So when I had an extra ticket to Skinny Puppy -which is always an awesome show because Ogre is THE rock god of the industrial crowd - I thought perhaps Owen would like to go with me...for free. But Owen said he had [air quotes] other plans.


This is Ogre

So when Owen showed up to the Puppification pre-party we had at Cafe Netherworld, I became a little skeptical about these [air quotes] other plans.

And then it hit me...

You never see Ogre and Owen in the same place.

Which means, Superman, we're on to you. Now it all makes sense.

Owen is Ogre.

And that is righteous...dude.

No comments: