Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Jane's News In Brief

It always seems like I've got these little bits and pieces of things going on or that I'm thinking about that aren't ever quite substantial/entertaining enough for a blog post but don't seem to want to go away quietly without mention.

So! Here are the latest news briefs.

1) Busy weekend coming up.

First, a girls' night Friday with PJ involving brownies, liquor, and heart to heart talking quite possibly with giggles.

Then! Saturday night! Skinny Puppy at the Ogden. 'Nuff said.

2) The man I found to create my blog template for me agreed to do the work and then had to go and get an infection in his heart requiring open heart surgery. The nerve of some people! Doesn't he know he's got shit to do for me?

I'm kidding, of course. I adore you, Jonathan. Please get better quickly. And since you'll be on medical leave for awhile yet, if you want, you could work on my blog template for me...since you've not got anything better to do.

3) Culinary knife skills class1 was last night. What a hoot! Posts with pictures are forthcoming about how to correctly slice a red pepper and how to de-seed a tomato. Very practical skills to have. I wish I'd had them sooner.

4) Next up - wine tasting class where I get to go to class to learn how to get drunk on objective quality. I do hope it's as tasty as when I drink to satisfy my subjective enjoyment.

5) I still make a kick ass mix tape. I'm just sayin'.

6) The days I love myself the most are the days I put up comfort food in the crock pot before I leave for work in the morning. Seriously. There is nothing better than the smell of something delicious wafting from my apartment when I walk in the front door. Be jealous.

7) My sister quoted my shower thought from yesterday morning on Facebook. That's just...cool. To be quotable.

Uhm...hmmm...I think that's it...for now.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.


1: As opposed to combat knife skills class. Everyone kept jumping to the conclusion it was combat I was taking. Sheesh! Do you people know me at all?

No comments: